This classic Italian-American dish is definitely a showstopper for all! Impress others with this buttery take on scampi and toast with some wine of your choice. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs shrimp, raw, peeled
- 1/2 lb CannaButter
- 1 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- Fresh lemon
- 2 ea garlic cloves, minced
- Peel the shells off the shrimp.
- Heat a large saute pan with a 2 tablespoons of oil and cook shrimp in small batches. When one batch has finished cooking remove shrimp from pan and place on a plate to the side.
- After cooking the shrimp, add the butter to the pan and cook shallots in remaining oil over medium heat for a few minutes. We don’t want any color here.
- Now add the garlic and cook for one minute stirring constantly. Once the garlic has smelled up the room you will add white wine and reduce by 1/2 to 3/4 depending on your preference.
- To finish you will swirl the remaining CannaButter into the pan and add the shrimp. Your pan should be on low now for your initial first taste.
- Season with salt and some lemon juice if you wish.