Prep time: 10 minutes, 65 minutes cook time
🍴 Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tbs. flour
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1tsp. thyme
- 1tsp. rosemary
- 1 cup of half & half
- 3 cups shredded turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop celery, carrots, and onion.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons regular butter. Add carrots, celery, and onion.
- Next, add mushrooms and minced garlic, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in flour until fully blended.
- Gradually add turkey or chicken broth. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add wild rice and chopped turkey. Continue cooking until tender. The mixture should reach a simmer. Whisk frequently to avoid burning and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Stir half & half and bring mixture to a boil.
- Let the soup cool before serving.