This recipe came from the lovely mind of Chef Ayanna. If you have never had a fig before, then this is the time to try it out. This combination of figs and mint in an ice cream is delicious beyond compare. We hope you enjoy!
- 2 pounds fresh figs (about 20)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh mint chopped
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4c cannabutter
- 1 cup medicated heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
*fresh figs add a really cool purple color. *
- Remove the hard stem ends from the figs, then cut each fig into 8 pieces.
- Put the figs and mint in a medium, saucepan with the water, butter, and zest the lemon directly into the saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the figs are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the sugar, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the figs are a jamlike consistency.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, purée the fig paste in a blender or food processor with the cream and lemon juice. Taste, then add more lemon juice if desired.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Check out Chef Ayanna on Instagram for some amazing cannabis and plant-based food ideas!