- 1/2 cup cold cannabutter plus 1 tablespoon melted cannabutter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded American or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the cannabutter and regular butter together. Add the flour and whisk well for 3 to 5 minutes, while the mixture cooks.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium pot over high heat, bring the milk just to a boil.
- 4. Slowly add the heated milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking to incorporate well. Add the salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, and continue to cook until the mixture reaches a boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the cooked penne and cheeses, saving 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese for the topping.
- 5. Pour the penne mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Combine breadcrumbs with the remaining Parmesan and the 1 tablespoon melted cannabutter and sprinkle on top of the penne. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of: The Official High Times Cannabis Cookbook by Elise McDonough & the editors of High Times Magazine