Searing this honey bourbon steak in a cast iron pan until charred on the outside but still juicy on the inside. The sweet and salty mixed with the wonderful mild flavor of bourbon and you have yourself a winner. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 people
- ⅓ cup infused honey
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds steak (rib-eye sirloin, or filet), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package mushrooms cut in quarters
In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Pour into a large ziptop bag. Add steak and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Heat vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Add steak. You will probably need to cook it in two batches because you don’t want to crowd the pan. Cook until seared on all sides. Remove from pan. Add remaining butter to pan and cook mushrooms until browned.