Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 pound Tuscan kale
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cannabutter
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt (1-2 pinches)
- Wash kale and remove middle stalk and roughly chop into bite-size pieces.
- Toast almonds in a dry sauté pan over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally until you smell the almonds, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over high heat until browned, then add the cannabutter, just until melted. Remove from heat. Add the sherry vinegar and season with a pinch or two of salt.
- Dress the kale with 4 to 6 tablespoons of dressing, toss with the cranberries and almonds, serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of: The Official High Times Cannabis Cookbook by Elise McDonough & the editors of High Times Magazine