This is a wonderful anytime snack. Good for hikes, good for breakfast. It’s dense and nutrient rich, with a garden of vegetables. With no added sugar, if you’re looking to sweeten it up top it with honey or maple syrup.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3c ground flax
- 3 cups applesauce
- 1/4 cup medicated coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 over ripe mashed bananas
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 cup squash
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease 2 loaf pans, 2 12 muffin tins or 6 mini loaf plans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Assemble your ingredients. Mix flour, flax, salt, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add applesauce, bananas, oil, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Grate vegetables. Strain in cheese cloth of excess moisture. Stir into the mixture along with the nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans. Let sit 10 mins
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.