The flavors of cheesy cheddar and savory bacon fuse together in this delicious recipe! These are great as a side for any dish, but I like to eat them by themselves as a snack as well!
- 1 lb of bacon (diced)
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced)
- 5 medium Idaho potatoes (thinly sliced)
- ½ lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 tablespoons cannabis-infused butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- aluminum foil
- Optional garnishes: scallions (thinly sliced), a dollop of sour cream, etc
How it’s done:
- To begin, line your crock pot or slow cooker with some aluminum foil – enough to cover the tops of potatoes when finished.
- Next, heat up a large skillet or stove-top griddle (most ideal due to the large amount of surface area) over medium-high heat.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused butter and grease your pan. Then, add in the 1 pound of bacon.
- Cook the bacon evenly on both sides until it is cooked and crispy. Don’t let it burn! Charred bacon tastes drastically inferior to the taste of crispy bacon.
- Remove the bacon from the heat, and place the strips on a plate containing a few layers of paper towels. This will allow the grease to drain. Set the bacon to the side for now until it’s cooled.
- Next, thinly slice the onions and potatoes, and dice the cooled bacon strips.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and then proceed to add all of these ingredients to the aluminum-foil lined crock pot in layers: potatoes, onions, bacon, dots of cannabis-infused butter, and cheese to top it off. Repeat these steps until all of the ingredients are in the crock pot.
- Finally, season the potatoes with salt, pepper and chili powder. Seal up the top of the aluminum foil and place the lid on the crock pot. Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 10-12 hours.
After 10-12 hours, remove the lid to your crock pot, and open up the aluminum foil dome to release the built up steam and heat (be careful not to burn yourself!). Serve the bacon and cheddar potatoes in bowls. Feel free to slice up some scallions to garnish, or add a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!