This self-contained breakfast is so simple and so quick! Using the ham as a cup for the eggs is a fun and easy way to add a little flair to your morning routine! And it makes for easy clean up! Who doesn’t love that?
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
- 8 teaspoons medicated pesto
- 8 eggs
- 8 fresh cherry tomatoes halved
How it’s done:
To prepare pesto, in the bowl of a food processor or blender combine basil, garlic, Parmesan, and pine nuts or walnuts. Process to mix. With machine running, slowly drizzle in canna-olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 8 cups in a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray. Press a slice of ham onto the bottom and up the sides of each of the muffin cups. Divide the cheese among the ham lined cups, followed by a teaspoon of pesto in each cup. Carefully break an egg into each cup.
Place the pan in the oven and bake until egg whites are set, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before using a knife to carefully remove the baked egg cups from the pan. Top each baked egg cup with 2 cherry tomato halves and another teaspoon of pesto serve immediately.