Breakfast on the go anyone? One of my favorite no-bake desserts is Strawberry Apricot CBD Tartlets. Both decadent and delicious, this easy-to-make treat is gluten-free and contains health-conscious ingredients, including oat flour, raw almond butter, dried apricots, and fresh strawberries. This dessert does not contain a lot of added sugar and has low to no THC, so you can eat a couple without feeling weighed down and still reap the benefits of CBD.
1 1/2 cups hazelnut meal
1 1/2 cups oat flour (save 1/2 cup for adding into the crust mixture later)
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup raw almond butter
6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons CBD oil
Strawberry Apricot Filling
2 cups dried apricots
1 cup fresh cut Strawberries
1/4 cup water (add more if needed)
A sprinkle of hazelnut meal
A sprinkle of coconut flakes
A sprinkle of cane sugar (if desired)
Raspberries, blueberries, thinly sliced strawberries, and mint leaves to top each tart
How it’s done:
1. Starting with the crust ingredients, heat up the coconut oil in a small saucepan until it starts to melt. Remove from heat and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Add the CBD oil and whisk together until blended. Set aside.
2. Using a blender or food processor, place the dried apricots into the base and chop until the pieces are tiny. Add the coconut/CBD oil and process again. Use a spoon to scrape the apricot pieces to the bottom of the blender. Next, add the raw almond butter and blend again.
3. Spoon any excess dough to the bottom of the blender and add in 1 1/2 cups of hazelnut meal and 1 cup of oat flour. Pulse the blender and use a spoon to stir occasionally until mixed well. Empty the mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of oat flour and fold in using a spoon. At this point, your crust should feel moist (not dry). Cover and set aside.
4. Next, it is time to make the filling. Place the dried apricots and cut strawberries into a blender or food processor. Blend well until the pieces are finely chopped. Use a spoon to scrape down any excess filling, and then add 1/4 cup of water. Blend again and continue to use a spoon to scrape down the filling that sticks to the side of the blender. Add more water if needed. Keep blending until the mixture turns into a smooth purée. Empty the filling into a small bowl and set aside.
5. Using a 12-cup muffin or cupcake pan, line each cup with baking cups. Have the crust mixture nearby. Use your fingers to press the crust mixture into the bottom of each cup. Make sure to spread evenly across the pan.
6. Next, using a spoon, top each cup with the strawberry apricot filling. Press down firmly and spread in a circle so it forms a smooth top. Make sure all of the crusts are covered. Ideally, you will want more filling than crust for each tart.
7. It is time to garnish the tarts. Using your fingers, sprinkle some hazelnut meal, coconut flakes, and cane sugar over each top. Since these tarts do not contain added sugar, this is where you can gauge your desired level of sweetness. Add more cane sugar if you prefer extra sweet. Just use a dash if you would rather stick with a healthy dessert.
8. Place the tarts into the freezer for about 1 to 1.5 hours to set. Once the crust has hardened, remove the tarts from the freezer and top with thin slices of strawberry. Keep these tartlets chilled in the refrigerator until they are ready to be served. Enjoy!