Humans are not the only mammals who have cannabinoid receptors you know! In fact, cannabinoid receptors can be found in all kinds of mammals and even some reptiles. Cannabis can be especially helpful for older dogs suffering from hip dysplasia and glaucoma, common issues with a majority of older pets. Plus, the pumpkin helps to alleviate any stomach issues and promotes healthy digestion. Cannabis tinctures are the easiest way to incorporate cannabis into your pet’s diet, you can add a few drops to just about anything!
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon bacon grease (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons cannabis butter (melted)
How it’s done:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your pumpkin, egg, and salt together.
- Slowly add a cup of flour at a time (until the consistency is more doughy and less sticky)
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into shapes or use cookie cutters. We have a bone shaped one that works perfectly.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let the treat cool-down for 10 minutes before basting with melted bacon grease & cannabis butter.