Eggs Benedict is an American breakfast or brunch dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin topped with a poached egg, bacon or ham, and hollandaise sauce. The dish was first popularized in New York City
- 1 tablespoon Marijuana butter
- 1 tablespoon and 3/4 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 cold eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
How it’s done:
- For cheese sauce, in a saucepan, melt Marijuana butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Cover and keep warm.
- In a skillet with high sides, bring 2-3 in. of water and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. For each egg, break the cold eggs into a custard cup or saucer, the hold the dish close to the water surface, slip the egg into the water.
- Cook 4 eggs at a time, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. With a slotted spoon, remove each egg. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- To assemble, top each muffin half with one slice Canadian bacon, one egg, cheese sauce and bacon.