We love the simplicity of Boulder, Colorado-based cannabis chef Chad Forsberg’s breakfast pudding (which could, of course, be eaten for dessert or a late-night snack). It takes a few minutes to prep and is ready in less than an hour, so you can take a shower or check emails while the chia seeds set. Made with protein-rich almond milk and unprocessed whole-grain chia seeds, which are packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and calcium, the pudding is a healthy way to start to the day. If you’re not a fan of agave, you can substitute honey for this recipe. Just add a tiny bit more almond milk if the honey makes it too thick to stir. Each serving of Chad’s pudding delivers about a teaspoon of cannabis-infused coconut oil, which is a pretty nice buzz first thing in the morning. You can make it less potent by using a teaspoon of non-infused coconut oil and a teaspoon of infused oil.
- 1 cup almond milk (regular or vanilla)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
- 1-2 chai tea bags, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cannabis-infused coconut oil
How it’s done:
- Bring almond milk to simmer in small saucepan. Place tea bags in almond milk and simmer very gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir coconut oil into warm milk.
- Remove from stove and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in chia seeds and agave. Let sit for 30 to 45 minutes so chia seeds can absorb liquid.
- Once set, refrigerate or enjoy right away.