This sprayable tincture recipe is an alcohol-based solution of cannabis. In this cannabis tincture, alcohol is not only the solvent used to separate cannabinoids from the plant matter, but it is also what makes this type of application (particularly in a fine-mist form) more bio-available and therefore effective. This can also be used as a sublingual drop tincture if you can’t find the right spray top bottle.
- Decarbed cannabis
- Alcohol (50% is preferred, but 40% vodka works just fine)
- Organic mint
- Organic honey
- Large mason jar, x 2
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve
- Spray bottle(s) fitted with fine mist spray top
How it’s done:
- Pack a mason jar loosely but completely with decarbed cannabis.
- Add alcohol until the jar is full.
- Seal, shake and put in a dark, cool place.
- After week one, strain mixture through cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve and add to another mason jar packed with converted cannabis and a few sprigs of fresh organic mint.
- After week two, strain through cheesecloth or fine mesh into the mason jar.
- Add organic honey to taste.
- Shake/mix and then decant into bottles fitted with fine mist spray tops.
Initial Dosage: Spray two times on the inside of the cheek, and wait 30 seconds before swallowing. Wait ten minutes. If the desired effect has not been reached, repeat on the opposite cheek. Wait ten minutes. Repeat until the desired effect is achieved. The dosage will vary between users but should remain fairly constant once established.
The effect will last for between 1-2 hours. Repeat use as needed. If you feel dizzy or disoriented, immediately discontinue use.