This CrockPot Turkey recipe is perfect for those busy days when you just want dinner to be ready as soon as you get home. It is as healthy as it is hearty! And oh so so delish!! Suggestion: Pairs with cornbread like a dream!
- 1½ lbs ground turkey meat
- 1 medium white onion (finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (finely diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans mild diced tomatoes and green chilis (i.e. Rotel)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can white cannellini beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: serve your chili over corn chips (i.e. Fritos), or top it with a shredded cheese blend, a dollop of greek yogurt, sliced scallions, etc.
How it’s done:
- Finely dice the green pepper, white onion and finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Next, heat up 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the diced green bell pepper and onion, and allow the veggies to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to become tender.
- Throw in the finely minced garlic, stir, and allow the vegetable medley to cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the veggies from the skillet and set them to the side in a bowl or on a plate for now.
- Return the large skillet to the stove-top (over medium-high heat) and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil.
- Allow the oil to become hot and then add in the ground turkey, breaking it down into small crumbles (resembling taco meat) with a wooden spoon.
- Season the meat with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, stir once more.
- Allow the meat to cook for several minutes (roughly 7-8 minutes) until it is all evenly browned and cooked. Drain as much of the fat as you can, and then proceed to add your vegetable medley to your cooked ground turkey.
- Stir the meat and veggies so everything is well mixed and then throw them all into your crockpot.
- Next, open the cans of diced tomatoes, beans, and tomato paste, and add these ingredients to the crockpot.
- Pour in the 1 cup of tomato sauce, sprinkle in the light brown sugar, and toss in the seasonings (chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder).
- Stir all the ingredients in the crockpot and make sure everything is well mixed.
- Turn the crockpot on high and let the chili cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours has passed, add in the 1/2 cup of grape jelly and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and stir well to combine. Continue to cook the chili on high for 2 more hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the chili is finished cooking, taste for seasonings and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
Serve the turkey chili in a large bowl (over corn chips) and top it with your favorite garnishes (shredded cheese blend, dollop of greek yogurt, scallions, etc.). Enjoy!