Summer is just around the corner and that means it’s apsaragus season! Try this quick and easy soup recipe for a new way to experience asparagus!
- 1 lb asparagus cut in pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp canna-oil recommended: olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or veggie broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh dill chopped
- sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt. Toss and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepot heat the canna-olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus and stock, simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup and move into a sauce pan on medium-low heat. Add salt & pepper to taste
5. When the soup is hot, serve with a sprinkle of chopped dill and a dollop of sour cream (optional) and enjoy!