If you’re like us, you love coffee! And by combining two of our favorite things, we created an out of this world cup of joe! You have got to give this recipe a try!
2 cups pure filtered water
2 large handfuls whole coffee beans, finely ground
1/2 cup organic whole milk
1 gram cured cannabis, finely ground
Sugar or honey, to taste (optional)
1. Boil water. Place finely ground coffee beans in unbleached paper filter inside drip filter. Pour boiling water through to make 2 cups of coffee.
2. Heat milk in a saucepan over low heat. Heating slowly, bring to lowest simmer, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir cannabis into milk in saucepan. Stir continuously with wooden spoon over lowest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove milk from stove.
4. Line fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth and pour liquid through to strain out cannabis. Compost cannabis solids.
5. Add strained milk to coffee. Sweeten if desired.
Chris Kilham has declared (on Fox News, The Doctor Oz Show, and elsewhere) that coffee is a health food — and studies back him up. Full of antioxidants, coffee improves digestion and enhances mental alertness. For added benefit, sometimes Kilham stirs sativa-infused milk into his morning or afternoon cup. Kilham uses a gram of raw, cured cannabis and an equal mix of Raven’s Brew Deadman’s Reach and Allegro Organic Mexican Zarazoga coffee beans for this simple pick-me-up. He uses a Melitta slow-drip filter to make his coffee, but any method will do. Kilham doesn’t decarboxylate the cannabis before he simmers it with milk for this recipe. If that doesn’t work for you, heat the cannabis flowers on a baking sheet in a 200-degree oven for 45 minutes to convert THC-A to THC before you use it.