- 4 tablespoon cannabutter
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs I used oregano, basil, and cilantro
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch tuscan kale or baby spinach about 2 cups chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- fresh chopped basil and lemon for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 2 cups of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to caramelize, be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the herbs, mushrooms and kale, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
When the pasta is ready, add it to the skillet along with the goat cheese and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss well to combine, adding more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Remove from the heat and finish with a sprinkle of fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!