Life is busy and cooking with a CrockPot makes it so much easier to get a healthy and delicious dinner on the table without having to cook and clean for hours after a long day’s work. Enjoy this hearty comfort classic any time of the year! This chicken is so versatile, it goes great over steamed rice, in a salad, or even with biscuits!
- 1/4 cup cannaoil
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled, sliced into 1/2 inch rings)
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/2 yellow onion, (rough chopped)
- 1 lb stick of cannabutter
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder or crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
How it’s done:
- In a sautee pan, heat up the cannaoil to near smoking and sautee all the vegetables until they are a little browned — this will bring a natural sweetness to the dish.
- While the veggies are cooking, put all other ingredients into the slow cooker in preparation for adding the veggies. Put the vegetables in the cooker with the rest, give it a good stir, put the lid on and let it get rolling.
- Let it cook for at least 5 hours, more if you can. Slow-cooked meat will first get harder and then the collagen in the muscle breaks down with more heat exposure which allows for that lovely “shredded” or “pulled” meat to occur. This process takes longer with beef or pork, but it’s good to let the chicken sit for a long time too. It’s pretty hard to overcook in a slow cooker, so long as you have enough moisture in the pot.
- Test your meat with a fork to see if it’s done. It will be white and shred with ease if it’s cooked enough. Enjoy!
Bonus tip: Toss a stick of cannabutter into the bin once it’s ready to eat and stir it around until it melts and enriches the whole pot!