- 1 lb of elbow macaroni(cooked)
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of cannabutter
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ cup of bread crumbs
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 cups of sharp cheddar
- 2 cups of gruyere
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium heat. Slowly add the flour into the melted butter, and whisk the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in warm milk until the mixture is smooth. Continue to heat the mixture for two minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Remove the saucepan from the heat. Slowly add the cheeses. Continue to stir until the mixture is smooth. Then add the cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Pour the cheese sauce into the macaroni.
Scoop the macaroni and cheese into a pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Shape the macaroni and cheese into balls and place them on a tray lined with wax paper. Place the tray in the freezer overnight.
Create an egg wash by whisking the eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk in a shallow bowl. Pour bed crumbs into another shallow bowl.
Take the macaroni and cheese balls out of the freezer. Dip them in the egg wash then into the breadcrumbs, coating the ball evenly. Place the macaroni and cheese balls back into the freezer until you are ready to fry them.
Heat vegetable oil to 350°F. Fry the macaroni and cheese balls until they are golden brown and cooked in the center, about 5 minutes.