- 11oz honey
- 3.5g cannabis flower
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Before you start, make sure you decarboxylate your weed. To do so, roughly chop your cannabis flower, place it on a lined baking tray, and bake at 230°F (110°C) for roughly 30 minutes, stirring the weed with a wooden spoon every 15 minutes.
- Place the decarboxylated weed in a jam or Mason jar together with the coconut oil. Seal the jar with a lid.
- Pour some water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. You’ll need just enough water to submerge roughly half the jar.
- Place the jar into the boiling water. The heat will allow the cannabinoids and terpenes in the weed to be absorbed into the oil. Let the mixture infuse in boiling water for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the infused oil from the saucepan and let it cool.
- Once cool, place the cheesecloth over a bowl and strain the oil into it. Remember to squeeze the strained flower and get all the oil into the bowl.