Here’s a step by step guide on how to do decarb cannabis:
- Preheat the oven to 250℉. If you’ve never done this before, just turn the switch so that it points to 250. Once it has reached that temperature, the oven will turn off a small (usually orange) light.
- If you haven’t already, break up the dried buds into small pieces with your hands. Don’t grind it down, just break it into smaller bits and don’t leave any nugs out.
- Spread the small pieces and flakes on a piece of baking paper (one with a rim works best). Make sure there are no overlapping pieces of weed.
- Bake the cannabis at 250℉ for 25-30 minutes. As mentioned before, make sure you don’t open the oven too often. We recommend you open it only once around the time 25 minutes have passed. The result of this should be a change of color from green to light brown.
- After 30 minutes, check your cannabis. It should be light to medium brown in color and should be very dry. If it’s not, put it back in the oven for an extra 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on everything so it doesn’t burn.
- When finished baking, remove the cannabis from the baking sheet and let it cool for a while. Careful, it’s going to be very crumbly at this point so every nug you touch can easily turn to dust.
- When the cannabis has cooled sufficiently, put it in a food processor and pulse until the weed is thoroughly ground (like oregano).
- If you’re going to use the cannabis you just decarbed in smoothies or drinks, you should continue grinding until you turn it to a powder. For food, there is no need to do this.