- 1 dash of medicated orange bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 bar spoon amount of water
- 2 oz infused alcohol(bourbon preferably)
- 1 orange peel, pith removed
- 1 maraschino cherry (optional)
- Place the sugar cube in your glass and add the bitters to the sugar cube.
- Add your bar spoon amount of water to the glass and muddle up the sugar until slightly dissolved.
- Pour your alcohol of your preference into the sugar/bitter mixture and stir with your bar spoon until the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Fill your glass with a large ice cube and stir again about a dozen times. This helps with chilling the drink and providing some dilution.
- Take your orange peel and express it over the glass (extracting the oils) before placing it in the glass. Adding a maraschino cherry is optional but highly recommended.