Craving a flavor shot of summer? Make this caprese style mushroom dish with a topping of fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil. The dish can be baked after the topping, but we like the contrast of the roasted mushroom and raw ingredients.
- 4 4- 5-inch Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup best quality mozzarella cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 8 tbsp shredded basil
- 1 cup arugula cleaned and dried
- 4 tsp canna-oil recommended: olive oil or avo oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 14 walnut halves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
Brush the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill for four to five minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
In a medium bowl combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the cheese, tomato, and basil and allow to sit while preparing the pesto.
In a food processor combine the arugula, lemon juice, oil, walnuts, oregano, and salt. Process until smooth. Spread the pesto on the inside of the grilled mushrooms. Top each mushroom with the cheese tomato mixture and serve.