- 3 tablespoons of pesto
- 2 cups basil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup THC olive oil
- 1 large loaf ciabatta bread; cut into thick slices
- 3 tablespoons THC olive oil
- 3 organic farmers’ market tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Starting with the pesto, warm a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add walnuts and toast them, stirring continuously for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let everything cool.
- Remove the papery skins of the walnuts by rubbing them over a metal strainer.
- In a food processor, grind the walnuts to rough flour.
- Wash and dry the basil.
- Remove the stems before tearing the leaves into tiny pieces.
- Add the basil, garlic, salt, and Parmesan to the walnut flour in the food processor.
- While the processor is running, add ¾ cup of the THC olive oil through the top chute.
- Add more salt or oil until you’re pleased with the texture.
- To make the budschetta, brush bread slices with THC olive oil, and toast in the oven for 3 minutes on a baking sheet, until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven, and top each bread slice with the diced tomatoes.
- Return the budschetta to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove, top with the pesto.
- Enjoy your dish!