There’s nothing quite like a warm, soothing bath when you’re feeling tense and need to unwind. It’s taking that little bit of special attention to yourself that makes the difference between a stressful week and one that flows with ease. Adding details like tealight candles, essential oils, calming music, and a fizzy bath bomb infused with cannabis can enhance the experience, turning a regular bath into a seriously rejuvenating ritual.
Making Your Own Marijuana-Infused Bath Bombs
Preparing bath bombs is a simple process of combining wet and dry ingredients together to make your bath colorfully bubbly and fun. It’s easy to incorporate cannabis-infused oil into your bombs to take the serenity of your bath to the next level.
This recipe combines deeply nourishing cannabis-infused coconut oil with rose water to moisturize your skin, relaxing Epsom salts to loosen stiff muscles, as well as pink Himalayan sea salt to stimulate circulation and help with detox. If you have sensitivities to any of the suggested ingredients, feel free to swap them out for products that work better for you. For example, you can use olive oil, avocado oil or jojoba oil in place of coconut oil if you prefer.
Ingredients: (Makes 8 to 12 Bath Bombs)
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 2 tbsp pink Himalayan sea salts (fine grain)
- 2 tbsp epsom salts
- 3 to 4 tsp cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 1 to 2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp essential oil (floral scents pair well with this recipe)
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring (optional)
- Dried, crushed rose petals (optional)
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Disposable gloves
- Silicone/metal molds or cookie cutters (you can choose the shape)
- Wax Paper (if you don’t have molds)
How it’s done:
- Mix all dry ingredients together in the medium-sized bowl, using the spoon to make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed. Separately, in the small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients together by slowly stirring them with the whisk until mixed well. When you’re done, put on disposable gloves and begin adding the wet mixture a little at a time (to avoid excessive fizzing) to the dry mixture. Use your hands to blend and gently knead the wet and dry ingredients together. You can add the optional crushed rose petals in at this step.
- When the mixture looks and feels like wet sand, test to see if it will stick together by taking a small amount and squeezing it in your palm. If the mixture sticks together after being pressed into itself, you are ready to move to the next step. If it’s not the right consistency, add more rose water to the mixture a few drops at a time and do another squeeze test until it sticks together.
- If you have silicone or metal molds, tightly pack the mixture into them. If not, place cookie cutters on top of a piece of wax paper and pack the mixture into those, using a butter knife to level out the molds. For the best results, let your bath bombs rest overnight to dry out thoroughly.
- After they are completely dry, use them in your bath as often as you like. If it’s warm where you are, store these in the refrigerator so they stay firm.