- 3/4 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 3 Tbsp. Cannabutter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1.5 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in very salty water until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Return empty pasta pot to stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add butter to pot and heat until just melted.
- Whisk flour into butter and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Slowly stream milk into pot, whisking constantly to break up any lumps of flour. Cook, whisking occasionally, until sauce has thickened and just begun to simmer, about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir chopped spinach, salt, and pepper into sauce and cook 1-2 minutes more until spinach has wilted.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Add cream cheese and shredded parmesan cheese to sauce and stir until cheese has melted.
- Return cooked pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Serve immediately.