Everyone loves bacon, it is great for breakfast with eggs and also in sandwiches or any other food you can imagine. Bacon makes everything better. Many of you may have had bacon wrapped cocktail canapés at some time or the other. Now imagine marijuana bacon wrapped canapés. That would be a delicious treat with a buzz especially for people who have to take medicinal marijuana regularly and are bored with it. Here is a tasty and easy recipe that makes fabulous marijuana bacon wrapped canapés for a cocktail party.
- Even strips of bacon (Amount is up to you)
- Shake (ground up marijuana)
- A cantaloupe (optional)
- First, take a baking tray and lay out the bacon strips on it. As the fat of the bacon cooks, it will convert the marijuana. You can try this recipe with prosciutto but it does not have as much fat as bacon so medium thick slices of bacon are ideal for this recipe.
- Next grind the marijuana shake into dry powder and cook it to make it dry and get it converted. Take an empty salt shaker and fill the prepped dry marijuana into it and close it tight. The next step is to sprinkle some of the shake on every piece of the bacon on one side. Then put it in the oven at 275 to 300 degree Fahrenheit to slow cook for 10 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking prepare the cantaloupe for the bacon to be wrapped around. Cantaloupe tastes fresh and tasty with bacon. Cut the cantaloupe, peel it and make it into cubes just big enough so that the bacon can wrap around each cube. If you have extra cubes left over you can use them to decorate the cocktail tray. You can also try this recipe with avocado, shrimp or scallops.
- After 10 minutes take the bacon out of the oven and flip it over. Now shake the marijuana on the other side of the bacon and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. The marijuana cooks really nicely in the bacon fat and it is up to you as to how strong you want them to be. Since this recipe is for a cocktail party you don’t want the marijuana to be too strong that your guests fall asleep! After the second time in the oven for 10 minutes take out the marijuana bacon. You will find that it has crisped just a bit around the edges.
- Clean up the residue fat on the bacon a bit by dabbing with a napkin. Now fold the individual bacon strips over the cantaloupe cubes and skewer them with a toothpick or two to hold them together and your cocktail canapés are ready! Decorate them as you like on a cocktail tray and serve.