- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut in large pieces
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ red onion, cut in half or chunks
- 3 tablespoons cannaoil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegarFor the garnish
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- On a platter or a bowl combine the tomatoes with the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Allow to sit for about an hour.
- Place all the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the parsley and feta, in the blender. Puree until mostly smooth. No worries if there are still some chunky bits. Allow the mixture to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Divide the soup between four bowls. Sprinkle with the parsley and the feta before serving.