“This recipe had everyone sneaking into the fridge at all hours of the day and night for “just one more”. They’re delicious, easy to make and so satisfying. Pulling out a batch of tasty homemade cannabis caramels from the fridge may be the best feeling you can get in this lifetime.
You can make them more like tootsie rolls by adding a little cacao, or make them more like taffy by removing them from the heat at about 230°F. The higher the temperature goes the more solid your caramel will be. So, feel free to make a small batch first and experiment to get your favorite consistency”.
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Cannabis Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/8 Cup Filtered Water
- 1/8 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine coconut sugar, cannabis coconut oil, extra virgin coconut oil, filtered water, and salt.
- Once combined, increase heat med-high and watch the candy thermometer until it reads 240°F.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Quickly pour into lined bread loaf pan and allow to cool in the fridge for at least an hour. The caramel should be sticky but hold together when rolled and molded.
- Cut caramel into 12 pieces and roll into parchment paper (for cuteness).
Recipe by Corinne Tobias at wakeandbake.co