- 2 lbs. thinly sliced beef steak, ¼ inch cuts
- 10-12g dried cannabis flower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Decarboxylate your cannabis by mixing it with olive oil in a small bowl suitable for oven use. Cover the bowl with foil and place it in the oven for 2 straight hours.
- Once done, preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Use aluminum foil to line the baking sheet. Put a wire rack over the foil so that you have a drip pan with ventilation between the foil and the rack.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce with the paprika, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, black peppe, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add in the cannabis infused olive oil.
- Gently add the beef to the bowl one piece at a time so that each piece is thoroughly coated. Wrap the bowl in plastic, then marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Once done, transfer the beef slices and arrange them in a single layer on the wire rack. Try to leave as much marinade as you can on the meat, which may make it take longer to dry but will give you more potent weed jerky.
- Dry the beef jerky in the preheated oven until it has a leathery consistency, which takes around 4 hours.
- Let it cool, then use scissors to cut them up into strips or bite-sized pieces. The weed jerky will store well for a few weeks if you keep it in an airtight container.