- 1/2 cup Cannabutter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can make your own with milk and lemon juice or vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into pan.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour and salt until well blended
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Now it’s time for the honey-butter to slather onto that delicious cornbread! There is a lot of flexibility here, but basically, you want the following proportions: 3/4 cup of butter to 1/4 cup of honey
- Mix well until smooth.Cover and refrigerate.