These biscuits pair perfectly with butter and fresh jam, homestyle gravy, or top them with shredded cheddar cheese and garlic before baking for a more savory version!
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour (and some for dusting the board)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cannabis butter (very cold)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice cold butter into large chunks and cut into flour until it resembles coarse meal (lumpy).
- Add buttermilk and work into flour with hands, JUST until it’s combined. Avoiding over-mixing! If it appears too dry, add a bit more buttermilk. It should be wet but not runny.
- Place dough on floured board.
- Gently pat (do NOT roll) dough until it’s roughly ½’’ thick. Fold dough about 5 times and gently press down to 1’’ thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut biscuits. (*You can gently knead the remaining dough scraps together to make more.)
- Place biscuits on a cookie sheet. (*For soft sides- have the biscuits touching one another. For crispy sides, leave 1’’ space between each biscuit.)
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on top of biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops is golden brown!