Traditional soap is made from oils and is generally more moisturizing and less harsh than detergents on your skin. This soap recipe will provide you with a gentle cleansing product that you can use for both your face and your body while harnessing all the benefits of CBD oil for your skin!
What You’ll Need:
- 16 oz. CBD oil
- 15 oz. Olive Oil
- 27 oz. Coconut OIl
- 13 oz. Shea Butter
- 19 oz. Cocoa Butter
- 13 oz. Lye
- 30 oz. Distilled Water
- 4 oz. Essential Oil Fragrance of Your Choice
- A Pot Large Enough to Hold All Ingredients
- A Food Thermometer
- A Blender
- A Mould of Your Choice
**Important Note: Measuring with accuracy is crucial to successful soap making!
- Take the shea butter and cocoa butter and melt them over low heat until they liquefy.
- Once they have liquified, add the CBD oil, olive oil, and coconut oil and continue to warm over low heat until the mixture reaches 212 degrees.
- Turn off the heat and add the lye. Be sure to stir the lye into the mixture evenly. The lye will react with the oils and you will see the mixture become cloudy and thicken.
- Place the mixture in the blender and pulse for 5 to 10 seconds. Gently stir the mixture and repeat until the mixture begins to cool and become more thick.
- Once you see the temperature has cooled, gently add your fragrance oil and make sure that it mixes evenly throughout the mixture.
- Finally, pour your mixture into whatever mould you have chosen. You can use plastic dishes, silicone baking moulds, or you can even purchase soap moulds in various shapes and sizes.
- You’ll need to allow the soap to set and cure for 3-4 weeks to ensure the lye is completely eliminated.
- Once your soap has set and cured, it’s ready for use! Lather up and enjoy!
If you feel like getting super creative here, you can add flowers, seeds, or dyes for aesthetic value with your fragrance oil in step 5.