- 4 tbsp CannaOil
- 1 large onion , diced
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp All Spice powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes , cut into 1.2cm / 1/2″ cubes
- 28 oz / 800g canned chickpeas
- 14 oz / 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth/stock
- 2 scallion/shallot stems , sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot or very deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the flavor Base ingredients and cook for 3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. If the spices start to stick to the bottom of the pot, add a tiny splash of water.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and vegetable or chicken broth. Bring to simmer then turn down the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Adjust salt to taste, stir through scallions/shallots and parsley.
- Serve with rice.