Mmmm… my insides warm-up just thinking about these Homemade medicated krispy kreme doughnuts. They will melt in your fingers & your mouth! The THC-infused glaze packs a power punch. Best to be careful with these delectable doughnuts because it’s hard to eat just one! 🙂
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoon Butter, cold to room temperature (do not melt)
- Dash of salt
- Enough oil to cover the bottom few inches of a pan, wok, or a deep fryer
- 1/3 cup Cannabis Butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons hot water or as needed
1. In a large measuring bowl, combine the milk and boiling water. Add a teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast. Stir it gently, then leave it in a warm place for the yeast to activate. It will look foamy
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, the rest of the sugar, and the salt. Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.
3. Add the egg and yeast mixture to the flour mix, and mix into a smooth dough. This usually takes about 5 minutes of mixing.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured counter and knead for about 5 to 10 minutes—it should feel springy and little bubbles should form under the surface. Place it back in the bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise for about an hour until double in size.
5. Once risen, place the dough onto the counter and cut it into 4 pieces. One piece at a time, stretch it into a long rope about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Cut strips about an inch long, ball em up with your hands, and place them on a baking tray or wire rack to wait. Cover the donut holes with a cloth to rise. Cover the donut holes with a cloth to rise
6. Heat the oil to 375F. Place the donuts into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes. Only cook a few at a time so they don’t overcrowd and stick together.
7. Drain on a paper towel or wire rack over a cloth, before glazing them.