- 3 4 oz chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 cup quick brown rice or white
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning 1 packet, see note below
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup onion sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon CannaOil
- 1 lime cut into wedges optional
Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with 3 sheets of foil (about 6-8 inches) and set aside.
Combine the brown rice, water and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning in a medium bowl and soak for 5 minutes. Divide rice (and it’s water) into 3 sheets of foil.
Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer or a rolling-pin until they are even. Seasoning each chicken breast generously with the reaming taco seasoning. Place the chicken on the rice. Top each chicken with a few tablespoons of salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Add the veggies and beans on the sides of the chicken. Drizzle each packet with olive oil and fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove from oven and carefully open up the foils; put the packets under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes. Squeeze fresh lime juice on each packet, garnish with cilantro and sour-cream if desired and serve.